Saturday, February 19, 2022

Technical Elements

            If we're being honest here, I am kind of nervous about the technical elements part of this project. Well, I'm a little worried about everything except the sound effects or soundtracks that I will be using in this project. And you want to know why I'm not scared, because I did excellent on my sound foley project, and that was an entirely new concept for me! (the foley project, not the concept of doing well!) It was a great feeling, an accomplished feeling, knowing how well I did on something that I put so much time and effort into! So, I am fully prepared when it comes to creating sounds or anything like that. But I'm scared of using correct lighting, editing everything to make it look good, and just overall, I'm afraid for all of it. I want this project to come out well, so it's overwhelming with all the rules. 

            I started to do some research about technical elements, and I've learned how to incorporate them to make film look perfect. The six technical elements are props, sound effects/music, scenery, costumes, makeup, and lighting. The website I used to get all this information was https://education.ket.org/resources/comparing-technical-elements-lesson-plan/. They made it very clear and straightforward what elements consisted of. As I'm now thinking of every possible case of what I do with each of these elements, I'm filled with stress. But I feel that expressing what I'm going to do, and my ideas on this blog post make me feel less overwhelmed and productive. For the scenery, it will mainly be the local city that he lives in and areas around his house. I plan to make the costumes super simple, such as a school uniform, and I don't think he's going to need anything for the makeup. Still, now I'm starting to think that I could add a scene of him getting into a fight, and I could do incredible special effects makeup. But again, this is all just ideas and thoughts that I'm sharing because I can't even imagine me trying to do some crazy blood-makeup look. That would be a bad image. But, back to the technical elements, for the lighting, I'm going to try to make it dark when he's in his room and upset from the remarks that he said. I think the darkness will set the mood of his attitude because he's not all sunshine and rainbows with his happy smiles. I am excited to start thinking about different types of ways to include the elements within my film and help create the overall product.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening & CCR

  The day has come!! Click the link below to watch my film opening and the CCR. I hope everyone enjoys it! Goodbye Blog!!   Film Opening:  h...