Friday, February 18, 2022

Plot Aspects

 So, I am already thinking of numerous different situations that I want to include within my project for the plot.  Nothing yet that I am discussing is 100 percent official, but mainly just sharing my ideas and thoughts of what I would like to add. I want to incorporate basic details within the shot, such as Eitan wearing a Star of David necklace or including the mezuzah on his bedroom door.  These little clips are crucial in giving details to the film.  For the beginning of the film, I’m thinking of starting with Eitan getting a text from his mom about the first day at his new school.  He will get dressed for school, and I will include his Scheck Hillel uniform (which is a Jewish day school).  Now, most people will not know that this is a Jewish day school, but the word “Hillel” will ring a bell to some people, hopefully.

            For my setting, the location is going to be Miami.  The good thing about Miami is that there are all different types of people there.  It is a melting pot of different cultures from around the world. While I view this as a good thing, all these differences will create conflict. Since there are so many other people, there will be a disagreement between cultural beliefs, religions, etc.  Some of my friends act as random people saying hateful remarks to Eitan as he is just walking down the street, minding his own business. Eitan himself, has never really experiences anti-Semitism personally while living in Israel. Yes, his family has experienced it while traveling or out of their small circle, but they never really experienced it in their town.  So, Eitan coming to Miami isn’t the same as where he lived, where everyone celebrated Shabbat together as one big family.  Miami was a big reality check to Eitan and his family.  Even though he was 17, he was naïve about the kindness of people.  He never thought anyone would say something to him because who would do that? 

            After I include the scene of him walking from school and getting a harmful remark from a group of kids driving in a car, I’m going to have a couple of scenes of him going home and crying.  I want to include him ripping off his star of David necklace and kippah.  I  would like the audience to see how he feels and what these comments can do to people.  He wants to escape the hate and the pain that he is feeling.  Once Eitan cools down, he’s going to walk to the beach to meet his new neighbor.  Here they will have an honest, educating talk about his religion and what it’s like.  Now, I know this is all just thoughts and ideas, so some editing and work needs to be done to make this project work, but I feel like I have a good story that can come together.  Through my work, I want to express how antisemitic, hateful comments can make a person feel and the outcome of these remarks.  I hope that the people watching this start to think before they speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening & CCR

  The day has come!! Click the link below to watch my film opening and the CCR. I hope everyone enjoys it! Goodbye Blog!!   Film Opening:  h...