Thursday, March 31, 2022

CCR Transcript

          Ok, so I know I said in my previous blog post that I was going to be the interviewer and that my main character  was going to be the star, but…. I changed my mind.  I thought it would it make much more sense if I was the one that was being interviewed.  I am now going to be creating my transcript, so I stay on track and don’t ramble during the video. I will leave below the rough draft for the transcript!!!

 

 

 

Joseph: Hello everybody, today we are here with Jessie Schiller! She is the writer, director, and the camera operator  of ,“The Advocate”!

 

Jessie: Hello! Thanks for having me, everyone! I am so excited to discuss my new film.

 

Joseph: Ok, let’s get into this! I wanted to start by asking you, how does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

 

Jessie: Wow! Ok, well, to answer the second part of the question first, my film represents and focuses on  the Jewish religion and people. My whole film is based on a kid that moved from Israel to Miami. During this move, he experiences a lot of differences. Miami is a melting pot! It is filled with all different kinds of people of races, religions, cultures, and ethnicities; it has every type of group. But with the amount of diversity it has, it also comes with hate. And this is what Eitan (my main character) experiences on his first day of school. 

 

Joseph: Yes, I can confirm that! I was born and raised in Miami, and I’m as diverse as they come! I speak Spanish, English, and Hebrew! No one ever expects a Spanish person to be Jewish!

 

Jessie: Exactly, there is a lot of diversity in Miami which is a great thing. It allows everybody to be themselves, but it comes with different beliefs from all these different cultures. These beliefs can cause fights and comments, which is what Eitan experiences. As he is walking to school, a boy rolls down his window and asks him, “what is on your head?” and he responds with, “a kippah” he tells him to “take it off” and that he is a “dirty Jew .” This represents the prejudice that many people have against Jews. In my film, I don’t want people to pity the Jews; I want them to honor them. Honor them for sticking up to the hate and being strong.

 

Joseph: Wow, that is great! I love that you want to honor instead, of creating the theme of remorse. Let’s get onto the next question, how does your product engage with audiences, and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

 

Jessie: So, my target audience is mainly young adults and adults. Thirteen plus is what I think should be the starting point for people wanting to watch. I believe that schools and parents should educate young kids on anti-Semitism and prejudice. Still, I think young kids wouldn’t necessarily understand the concept of this film if they have not been educated on the topic yet…. It considers the prominent people that will draw attention to this movie will be minorities. These are the people that understand on another level. They have experienced it first-hand. Since my film is about prejudice, many people who have experienced any type of it, will relate to this and support this film. The main goal is to show how to stand up to those who try to oppress you and how by doing so can change the outcome.

 

Joseph: How do you plan to make your film available to this audience or any audience?

 

Jessie: Well, I will post my film on YouTube. Many famous stars such as Justin Bieber, Zac Efron, Russel Brand, and Gordan Ramsay all got famous on YouTube. So, just posting it to get any attention would be great. I will also be playing it at film festivals, specifically Miami International Film Festival, Miami Jewish Film Festival, etc.

 

Joseph: OH, those film festivals are great!! I hear the artists do so well, they get so much feedback! My next question is, how did your production skills develop throughout this project?

 

Jessie: I am excited to talk about this one! When I was first creating this film, I had no idea what I wanted the film to be about.  I wanted my film to be able to represent something about me, personally. When I thought of my idea, I realized there weren’t that many of these types of films made, which is why I wanted to create something like this.  Many people have their own perceptions of people, but when people watch my film, I want them to realize the impact that words have on others. I also want people to understand the power of standing up for something or someone you believe in and how important it is to educate people.

 

Joseph: How did you integrate technologies-software, hardware and online- in this project?

 

Jessie: While filming this I had a lot of issues with cameras at first. When I was planning my production, I knew that I wanted to use a Canon camera instead do my iPhone. I thought this would be a much smarter choice, and it would come out with such good quality.  Well, that failed miserably. I had never used the camera before (which is my fault), but I had watched YouTube videos and done all my research. I felt like I was educated on how to use the camera and I thought to myself how hard could it possibly be? Once I figured out how to film a video, I only got it to record up to 8 seconds, so I switched to my phone. That was my best idea yet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening & CCR

  The day has come!! Click the link below to watch my film opening and the CCR. I hope everyone enjoys it! Goodbye Blog!!   Film Opening:  h...