Thursday, February 17, 2022

Creating the Characters

 I am so excited about this post!  I think casting characters, creating the main character, and all of this is so much fun.  My main character will be portrayed as this naïve kid, who thinks the best of people, but when he moves to this significant new city, his perspective of people starts to change.  He can’t imagine why people would ever say these harmful things to him about his religion.  These comments make him begin to hate himself and who he is.  I want the actor portraying this boy to show the genuine emotions of this kid and try and almost relate and connect to him in a way.  Therefore, I will make my boyfriend the main lead (also because this is his role of being my boyfriend).  But he truly fits the part perfectly.   He goes to a small Jewish school in Miami and has the uniforms I would want him to wear during the film.  I want to name the main character Eitan, a commonly known Israeli boy’s name.

            The other characters, such as his parents and his new neighbor, will be named.    For Eitan’s neighbor, I am going to call him Patrick. I wanted to choose a name that had no Jewish affiliation, since he would be making fun of Eitan.  The random characters that scream out hurtful words to Eitan as he walks to school won’t have a name since they do not have a major role.  But these characters will get credited in the credits of the film.  I want the boys to be a group of high schoolers from the public school in the city that he is living in.  For Eitan’s parents, they won’t physically be in it, but he will receive texts from them in the film.  I am very excited to start planning their costumes for the film to make sure that they fit the characters personality, but I will discuss all of this in a later post, so stay updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening & CCR

  The day has come!! Click the link below to watch my film opening and the CCR. I hope everyone enjoys it! Goodbye Blog!!   Film Opening:  h...