Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Genre and Research

             Research to me always feels a little overwhelming.  There are millions of websites.When I started to think about my project more in-depth, I was convinced that I wanted romance. As I stated in my previous blog, my all-time favorite genre is romance. But, I think I may want to try something a little different for this project. I know that I don’t want to do a drastic change like making my genre horror, but I may want to do some further research into drama and some films in this genre. For my project, I want to represent my film around the story and experiences of a person. I have a couple of thoughts about what I may want to create and how to represent my story. I want to create something that will show the sides of a story that no one ever thinks about or sees. 

            Research to me always feels a little overwhelming. Thousands of websites can pop up when you search “drama films” or “drama genre.”   I narrow it down to first looking at some films. I started seeing notable films such as  “A Star is Born”, “ Titanic”, but then there were also the adventure dramas like “Jaws”, so it’s hard to figure out which kind of drama I want to investigate for my project. I looked away from browsing all the famous drama films and started looking at the meaning of the drama genre. I have already learned that there are different types of drama. It concludes with tragedy, comedy, melodrama, and tragicomedy. Now there are four main parts of the genre, and each consists of its characteristics. Humor in drama consists of the movie mostly ending in a happy ending; tragedy has a hero. Still, the hero will be torn down by his flaws, tragicomedy consists of something tragic happening, but humor and laughter will be represented throughout the film. Lastly, melodrama consists of simple storylines without anything crazy happening.

             There is a large spectrum of what the drama genre consists of within the drama genre, which is why it is the most known genre. There are so many different types of movies that can range from dramatic romance to climbing mount, Everest.   But I mainly want to make the film represent the real story without any unnecessary comedy involved.  I’m not saying that the whole film will only be stern faces and frowns, but I want people to know the real story without any fluff and bluff in it. I want to create a film representing how is it like to be a Jew, living with antisemitic people, hate, and everything in between.  My film will be based on a Jewish boy moving away from Israel, and he starts to hate himself because of the hate he gets for being Jewish.  I wanted to create something that relates to me.  Creating a story about this boy will be very similar to what many of my friends, family, and I have been through as being a Jewish person.  I think the drama genre would be a perfect way to represent this and also by creating the man vs man concept.


One of the sources that I used and thought was really helpful was https://www.legit.ng/1219307-4-types-drama-literature.html.


The film poster shows a man and a woman hugging over a picture of the Titanic's bow. In the background is a partly cloudy sky and at the top are the names of the two lead actors. The middle has the film's name and tagline, and the bottom contains a list of the director's previous works, as well as the film's credits, rating, and release date. A Star is Born.pngMovie poster shows a woman in the ocean swimming to the right. Below her is a large shark, and only its head and open mouth with teeth can be seen. Within the image is the film's title and above it in a surrounding black background is the phrase "The most terrifying motion picture from the terrifying No. 1 best seller." The bottom of the image details the starring actors and lists credits and the MPAA rating.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening & CCR

  The day has come!! Click the link below to watch my film opening and the CCR. I hope everyone enjoys it! Goodbye Blog!!   Film Opening:  h...