Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Music Marketing #2

             For my music marketing project, there were a lot of steps that had to be done for this project. Before even starting the project, we had to start researching. I had no prior knowledge of music production companies or anything involving the industry. As we started researching our case study chart, I started learning a lot about the industry. We did our research on Columbia Records and Universal Music Publishing Group. These two production companies are very well known and have a lot of great artists. For our study, we had to choose two artists per company, which was hard for us. They had so many talented artists that it made it hard to choose from. Once we realized that we were doing Beyonce, Adele, Da Baby, and Lil Wayne, we started researching everything about them and their marketing plans. I think that we did an excellent job on our research and that we could’ve maybe found a few more examples of marketing strategies, but overall, we did a great job on the research.

            After we finished our research, we began our storyboard. Coming up with an idea for our music video was the most challenging part of the whole project. It took us a while to agree on an idea that we liked, but would also thought would go well with the song and genre. Once we decided we wanted to do something involving a relationship between a boy and girl, we were ready to begin our project. We came up with ideas for filming, and then the next class, we started to film. We made sure to film all the scenes we needed for our music video and then went back to the class. I think the filming went well, and we did well for people that aren’t usually the ones on camera. Once we got back to the class, we all took on our parts to finish. This made us all feel like we had something to do and work on, which made us on top of all our work. I oversaw creating all our merch and everything on the website. The website was a little bit of a struggle at first because I had never done anything like this before. I was glad that I didn’t end up giving up on the website because I did a great job in the end. I made the whole thing look very professional.

            As I was working on the website, my other teammates worked on the presentation, social media, and editing the music video. We all felt like we had a job in the project, which made it easy for all of us to know what we had to completed. We finished everything within the next class period but still had to do extra work on the presentation at home. Before the day we had to present, we all made sure to time our slides and prepare for our production. I wrote down notecards of everything I wanted to say for my slides to help me feel more confident in myself. When we presented our project during class, we did an excellent job. I think for myself, I could’ve slowed down as I was talking and took a deep breath. My nerves sometimes get the best of me, and I start to talk fast. Even though I talked fast, I still did a good job explaining the website, merchandise, and fan accounts. I learned a lot from the presentation. I realized that I can’t always worry about what everyone in my group is discussing and only worry about myself. I learned that I need to be more confident in myself when I’m presenting, and using notecards helps me feel prepared for what I’m going to say.

            In the end, I think that I learned a lot from this project. One of the first things I learned from this project was how vital researching is. When we had to research our music marketing chart, I didn’t understand how much it would help. This helped for when we had to start planning our marketing strategies and coming up with different plans for our artists. I also learned how to trust people in your group. In this project, we all got our jobs and purposes. I had to rely on everybody in my group to do what they said and to come prepared. Everyone in my group did terrific on their parts of the project, and I think we all worked very well together. We all did a great job on our presentations and preparing for it. I learned that I need to feel more confident in myself and in knowing my information. This project was a great way to help with presentation and talking over big groups of people. Many people, including me, can find presenting very overwhelming, but this project helped a lot. For my Cambridge portfolio, I will use the information and skills that I learned to be able to use it for this next project. I’m going to make sure to use the aspects of researching in my portfolio. I think researching can help me come across what I am interested in and can help me come up with some ideas. I will also be more confident in my work and focus on doing my research for my project because I’ve learned how important it is.


Below I included some pictures of the website that I worked on and also the merchant that I created.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening & CCR

  The day has come!! Click the link below to watch my film opening and the CCR. I hope everyone enjoys it! Goodbye Blog!!   Film Opening:  h...